Managing Attorney Josh Bryant has made a major part of The Bryant Firms' practice legislative. He has served as parliamentarian for deliberative organizations across Arkansas. He has drafted policy and bylaws for businesses and churches across the country. He's also drafted legislation that is now law in the State of Arkansas. Josh Bryant has developed the relationships and skills necessary to help organizations, businesses, and individuals craft and promote laws in Little Rock. We will take five pieces of legislation to Little Rock in January of 2021, but we will start the process of getting legislation in front of legislators as soon as clients are ready to go.
Apply now to have your legislative issue included!
How does it work?
We have a simple process designed to efficiently review proposals and select the few that we will help you get in front of the right legislators in Little Rock.
- Application. The application period runs from May 1 after the General Assembly adjourns from its regular session until we have selected all five bills that we will run in Little Rock. If we do not have five bills to run, the application period ends on April 30 after the General Assembly adjourns from its fiscal session.
- Review. Immediately after receiving your proposal we will review it and do some preliminary research. This will help us determine whether it is a bill we are qualified to run, and whether the bill aligns with our core values.
- Initial Meeting. If your bill is designated as one we can run, we will set up a time to discuss your proposal in more detail. We need to know who could oppose or support the bill, what your ultimate goal is, the motivation behind the goal, and every moving part and possible point of impact in our society.
- Selection. Within two weeks after this initial meeting, you will be notified if your bill is one that has been selected for presentation to the Arkansas General Assembly.
- Strategy Meeting. After selection, you will meet with us to discuss strategy. We will discuss everything from grass roots advertising and social media campaigns to specific talking points and individual legislators who we'll need to talk to.
- Early Implementation. We will immediately begin a discrete presentation of your legislation. This will include putting out feelers to key legislators and touching base with others who may need to speak into the legislation. It will also include finding sponsors for the bill.
- Full Court Press. Starting as early as the adjournment of the fiscal session of the General Assembly but no later than September 1 before the General Election, we will begin pushing your legislation hard. We will make it an election issue if it is part of our strategy. We will begin drafting based on the feedback we've received from other stakeholders and legislators. Although we cannot make any promises that your bill will get the Governor's signature, will do all that we can to get the bill through the Arkansas Congress.
Why The Bryant Firms?
Managing Attorney Josh Bryant will only take legislation that he believes in. That is the only way to be passionate enough to get the legislation in front of the General Assembly and present it with the same passion and diligence as you would. You can be assured that if Josh Bryant takes the bill, he'll run it with all his heart.